Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today, for most people, this a great day to show how much you love and care about your mom. Today, for most people, is a joyous one and a good excuse to get together with the rest of the family. For some, this day may not be so great. Some people have had their mom pass on or, they may not be in a great relationship with their mom. For me, it’s neither of the two.

Today, I am thankful for the two wonderful children that I have and for the two great mom’s that have helped me through the past years. Today has also been a little difficult. While there is joy, there is also a small amount of sadness because the father of my children is no longer here.

While I am blessed beyond words, there is also a little heaviness of heart. I am thankful that we (as a family) were able to attend services this morning and also for the fact that I was emotionally able to get through the service without breaking down in tears. This time last year was a different story. So, Ripley’s believe it or not, time (and the good Lord) does heal and I pray that it continues to do so.

More to follow…..

No comments:

Post a Comment