Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The humor of a 1 yr old.

This morning (and pretty much throughout the day) I've had a few good chuckles due to a very inquisitive 1 year old and his discoveries.

J is now 13 months old and his latest feat is getting a whiffel ball and throwing it behind his back, turning around to get it and then repeating the process over and over again. He also like "Old McDonald" and he will sing e - i - e - e- i (instead of e i e i o).

Last night, he showed his compassionate side. R had to be reminded (via a rubber ended spatula) how important it is to obey me. I usually don't have to spank her very often but every once in a while, she likes to see if she can get away with something which backfires. While I was holding her on my lap (after she got 2 good swats), J was looking at me with this "I can't believe you just did that!" look and started to cry himself (and patting R on the back in the process).

I pointed this out to R and told her that she had a little brother who was looking out for her and didn't like the fact that she disobeyed and had to get a spanking. She thanked J for that and learned her lesson (at least for now anyway).

With children, things are very simple and concrete. For adults, its everything but that and then we wonder why our lives seem so confusing. I am being taught by my children to just take things simply as they are and not do an overkill. It's hard to do sometimes but I think there would be much happier adults if we looked at things through the eyes of a 1 yr old but with the wisdom of an adult.

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment