Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting ready

I'm just about done with getting everything moved from one house to our home and this week is going to be tough.

One last chance to box anything up that I won't regret NOT getting later for my benefit (or the kids). I've pretty much gotten to the point that it's almost like pulling teeth just to go over there and stay for several hours to continue boxing things up. R has no interest of going back over there either. If she thinks of something that she forgot to put in her box, she'll ask me to go over there and get it for her. When I ask her if she wants to go with me and get it, it's always a resounding NO.

We've been at the new house for two weeks now and she hasn't had any panic attacks at night. There have been two times that she wanted me to be in her room with her until she fell asleep. Even then, she was sound asleep with 5 minutes. The first instance was after a really bad thunderstorm (which knocked the power out for a few minutes) and the other was because she was overtired and hot. She also doesn't have to have the overhead light on - just a little lamp. J, on the other hand, hasn't had any problems in the transition. It's the same routine for him and as long as he has his blanket, sound maker (lights up with lullaby music), and passy's - then he's set.

I'm hoping to get everything done so that I can do an estate sale by next weekend. I'm not going to do it myself for the simple fact that I don't think I could handle watching everything of my past life be taken out the door by strangers.

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment