Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back at the batting cage again

Last week, I started taking R back in for neurotherapy and am already seeing results. The first was the fact that she sat by herself on the first visit (major surprise to the staff and to me).

Last school year, we went (almost) every week, except for the times that one (or both) of us were sick. Every week, R wouldn't sit by herself but insisted that I hold her in my lap. Usually, this was perfectly fine because 9 times out of 10, she would fall asleep because it wears her out mentally (which means she needed it in a big way). This year, the focus is still on mental stability and also being able to get past ADHD (focus).

Two days after the first session, she started wanting to read me a book before bed. Now, this may not seem like a big deal but for someone who wasn't able to stay on task for a 2 minute homework assignment and saying "I Can't! I Can't! It's too hard" to being able to sit down, do the homework (with a little bit of "I don't want to" thrown in) in a few minutes time and reading books (where there wasn't any interest before) is huge for me. She's also more confident in herself and I know that it will continue to grow as time goes on.

As for me, the last time I went in for a neurotherapy session was when J turned 1 (back in Feb). Sure, there have been some rough spots but nothing compared to last year and what I can handle or work through (aka: This blog! ha!). Granted, this year isn't over yet but, there (I think) isn't anything that I haven't had to deal with yet that I haven't had to face already (but I'm sure there's always a first). Also, I know that God and my church family is always there for me when I need it the most (even when I don't always see it sometimes).

More to follow......

No comments:

Post a Comment