Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Paperwork

Have you ever had one of those feeling like you wish you could have a magic wand and it would do everything that you didn't want to do yourself. This morning, I did.

This morning, I managed to stay for about 30 minutes at the old house and started going through papers that were stashed here and there in the back room. Granted, if I had been a better housekeeper, there probably wouldn't have been stashed but, at least it was all mainly in the back corner (also the same room that I found Donovan in and yes, he was still alive when I found him).

Anywho, we had a file cabinet back there as well as a bookshelf with books and papers. There were also (I discovered) Donovan's stash of Birthday, valentines, holidays, or "just because" cards and notes that he saved. Needless to say, it wasn't easy going through those but, I didn't get teary-eyed.

What got me was a box that I found from a "secret Sis" that I had back when I was at Freed. In that box was a card and on the front were the words "The Lord Bless You and Keep You, May His Face Shine On You". Those words rang true then and they ring loud and clear now. That's when I got teary-eyed. Many times, it gets so easy to get bogged down with everything that we forget to look up and remember that His face is shining down on us.

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment