Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Retreat weekend

A lot has been going on in the last week or so. Now, I'm just trying to get caught up before my thoughts get lost somewhere... No comments from the peanut gallery! :)

Last weekend, I (along with about 80 other ladies) were able to sit at the feet of a great speaker named Beth Brockman. She gave a talk on Friday night and then again on Saturday morning. The theme of this years retreat was "Keep Calm and Carry On" and boy did I need it!

At first, I was a little skeptical but, after she told us about how she (and her family) had to go through two losses a (17 yr old) brother in an auto accident and sister to cancer, she knows what it's like. She (thankfully) hasn't had to walk down my kind of road yet but, a loss is a loss, no matter how or whom.

One of the things that she had throughout her presentation was some quotes (and those of you from FB KNOW I'm a quote fanatic!) from a book called, "Majesty of Calmness" which is something that I'm going to have to look up and get for myself. IF anyone needs a little bit of extra dose of calmness in their home, I'd be the first to raise my hand!

Case in point, tonight! J had had to get his bath earlier today but, I still had to get R's bath done. R started howling once her feet got wet and said that she may have a splinter in her foot... Sure enough, she had a very tiny one (that was more out than in) in her heal. Start the tear brigade! While R was howling from the fact that I was trying to get a splinter out of her heal, J was trying his hardest to get in the tub with R and getting upset when I would try to turn him around out of the bathroom. He would come crying back in and then start to try and either climb on, over, or on top of me to see what I was doing to his sister and to get in the tub. So, between R's howling, J's crying, and my hacking a lung up, it was a nice little noise in the main bathroom.

All I could muster was a quick prayer for patience and comic relief (which I got instantly). After finally getting R to keep her foot still and the splinter out, and J quiet for a minute, all was well with the world again... almost (another blog about that... promise!).

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment