Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Out with the old, in the .... old???

This last Saturday, K and G had to clear out G's mom's apartment (since she's now living in a nursing home and mentally deteriorating quickly). As a result, they asked me if I wanted Margie's living room furniture which I quickly agreed to.

On the same day, R, J, and I went to Lawton to see the slide presentation from the Back to the Bible Campaign that was conducted last month in Cherokee Hills Church of Christ in OKC. It was great being able to see ol friends and family that I haven't seen in a year and I'm they were just as surprised to see us and how much the kids have grown (the last time they saw J, he was about 4 months old - amazing what a year's difference can make!).

Anywho, got back home today and I thought that I wanted to put some pretty, decorative things in the secretary and china cabinet that came from Margie's. So, I got out the fine china (they were Donovan's great-grandmother's china) that G gave me when Donovan and I got married and I just started out with about 4 pieces. I didn't realize what kind of impact those pieces would have on me.

The more I looked at them, cleaning a little bit, the more I thought and I started noticing that I was starting to become depressed. Those pieces were apart of my life that is gone and won't be back. Not only that but it's not a part of my life anymore. It's not who I am anymore. I'm not the same girl I was 2 years ago. Seeing those pieces of china did not make me happy nor sad (as in breaking down into tears) but, it's just not me anymore.

So, I took "New Mood" which is kinda like an anti-depressant but all natural and it's there when I need it and my life doesn't fall apart if I don't take it every day. The china pieces went back to their old home (aka storage for china) and I got some figurines out that I had found at an estate sale a few months ago. I enjoy going to these estate sales and seeing what I can find so now I have a new mission (besides clearing out Donovan's music stuff) and that if filling the secetary and china cabinet with little things that I like.

I will probably keep the china for R (just in case she may want it when she's older).

More to follow......

No comments:

Post a Comment