Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Father knows best

This week has been full of ups and downs (emotionally) for me and today was no different.

In the last few days, I have learned of friends who are expecting and one that just had a miscarriage and the heart hurts for her because I know what that's like (as have others). I also have had a daily lesson from a little 2 yr old who shows what the simplicity of love is by saying two simple words... "Wove ohh" aka Love you. Which is said often and randomly throughout the day (along with impulsive, leg-grabbing hugs).

This morning I got another lesson from the Father that He does know best. A member of the church that we attend has a house that is literally right across the street from the church building. The house has been used by the church office but, since the building has been added on to (and will be moved into soon), Jeff and I found out that the owner of the house was wanting to put the house up for sale. We also knew that there was another couple interested in the house but only wanted to rent it (the husband was recently diagnosed with early onset of Alzheimer's). We thought we had a good chance of working something out and moving this coming summer from the rental that we are currently in. This morning, Jeff learned that the couple had convinced the house owner to rent to them anyway. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I was soo hoping to move into that house. It was perfect for us and we would have been able to get the rest of our stuff out of storage and put it to use. I was in tears and got onto myself mentally for getting my hopes set up on something that was concrete to begin with. I am glad that the couple will be so close to the church building and am sure that, as time goes on, the church will be able to help them with whatever needs that they will have.

I then had to just put on the breaks and pray. Who was I to know what was best for my family? I didn't have all the answers and I knew God did. I prayed for strength, guidance, and patience for what His will would be for us. He has always taken care of us (we are blessed to be living where we are now!) and always will as long as we continue to look to Him for everything. Then, I felt at peace. I knew that everything would be ok and that things would work out for our best in the end. It also helps when there's a good sounding board in the form of my hubby to see things in the best light as God would have us to do anyway. We weren't given this life to try and accumulate stuff but to live humbly and uprightly before God and men. Granted, it's not always easy to live life completely in faith but it's what God ask of us.

More to follow....

1 comment:

  1. I know what it's like to be disappointed about moving...You're right God knows what's best and has everything in his control. Someday things will make sense. I moved 5 times in a year once, due to marital problems. It was hard. But there were reasons and even blessings involved. Along that journey we met kids that are now attending our church because of us living in their neighborhood, in our church's parsonage. I feel like a gypsy. But I felt like God was leading.

    ReplyDelete