Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stepping out in faith

Before I moved to Searcy, AR. I was asked by a lot of people if this was a good move for me. It was argued that I would be "giving up" a lot or "running away" from everything I knew. At that time (as is the case now), I had no doubt that moving here and getting married to Jeff would be the best thing for me.

Sure, I had it pretty easy (and good) back in TX. I had family close by. I had a great, loving congregation of people who were there for me at the darkest time of my life. I had a nice house to live in and I knew my children would be ok just where they were. All but one thing was lacking and Jeff was that one thing.

What a lot of people don't realize is that I gave up a lot to move to TX and get married to Donovan (back in '01). I lived in a nice place, had a good job and surrounded by a great group of Christians. I just felt a tad bit empty and Donovan filled that (and was supposed to be my forever - which only lasted 8 years).

Sometimes, God requires us to trust him completely. Even when times are tough, scary, and stressful. He doesn't ask any more from us than He did from His Son.

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment