Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas!

About a week before Christmas, I discovered something that I hadn't done in a long, long time.... I was getting giddy for Christmas! :)

For the last two years, Christmas eve and the actual day had been very, very difficult get through but this year was totally different. I wanted to try and decorate every room in the house with something christmasy (if that's such a word). But, I would have probably gone broke financially if I had carried out my wish so, I did the basics... Christmas tree, lights outside, garland over the fireplace and stockings up, and a little bit in the kitchen.

The only hesitation that I had was going over to K and G's Christmas eve (when the kids would unwrap Christmas presents). Needless to say, that was just as enjoyable. K and G were kinda quiet but they weren't wiping tears from their eyes either (huge blessing!).

Christmas day was even better with the introduction to a new friend and being around (and hearing from) old ones that have always been there for me and the kids. The only slight downside was being over at K and G's house for lunch and watching K wipe a tear away while he was watching J play with some toys.

In a way, I guess that's to be expected and it may take a while for them (if they decided to) get completely through the pain of loss. Everyone moves through those times in a different way and at different speeds. But as long as there's progress, there's always hope.

My prayer is that you and your family were able to enjoy the holiday as much as we did.

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment