Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Doing a little catch up!

Ok... Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've been able to "write" and of course I'm starting to get to the point that I have to "put things down" so that I can get a good night's sleep! Ha!

First of all, I have to say a BIG, HUGE thank you to K and G! They helped me in so many ways to get the new house to the point of moving into. Granted, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind as far a moving is concerned but, when God opens a door, you don't just stand there and debate about what you should do... You just go with it and pray like crazy while your going through the steps. I will say that this whole new experience has taught me a great deal and I'm going to try not to put it all in one go (it would be lengthy at best!)

K and G worked at getting the new house as ready to move in as possible and were there to help me realize what all that entails (which can be a hassle). The house was obtained through foreclosure and (as you can probably imagine) had some work on it that needed to be done (and very difficult to do when you have a 19 month old who may *or may not* take a 30 - 45 min nap in the mornings and then a longer one *fingers crossed* in the afternoon. It also helps when you know people who can refer you to others who are very good at their trade and *mostly* dependable.

So, with everything done I finally put the word out at Centerville that I would need help in moving furniture from the old house to the new one (which was about 4 streets down) on Saturday 18th at about 8 am. Most people were suprised that I said for ONLY furniture (and even then, a very small amount of it). At a little before 8, one person showed up (way before K and G did!). Then, it seemed that lots of people just magically showed up (I'm guessing about 12 - 15 guys and 2 ladies *one at one house and one at the other and myself inbetween*. They guys were able to load everything on one large trailer (and maybe a pickup truck or two) and the whole thing was completed in about 2 and a half hours. Talk about dumbfounded!

At one point, while the men were talking/ joking around with each other, tears started to form but, they weren't sad tears but just by being shown (once again) what the church is all about (in action!). The sheer willingness of these guys to give up a perfect Saturday morning and some sleep in time still humbles me and I will forever be grateful to them.

By the end of the day, I as able to get all of our bedding out and on to get to sleep and I was flying high to say the least. R was able to spend the previous night at a friend from church's house (which she was ecstatic about) and promptly informed me that Tara HAD to spend the night at her new house soon. J was able to spend that morning with another family so a BIG thank you to them as well.... So blessed!

More to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment