Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not getting in a hurry...

I got the following quote in my inbox this morning and got me itching to write so please bear with me.

Nothing can be more useful to you than a determination not to be hurried.
- Henry David Thoreau

Now, how many times do we catch ourselves rushing around (either driving or at home or at work)?? Nine times out of ten (if you're like me) ALL the time. Granted, I know the importance of having a schedule and trying to stick to that but then letting even that slide for a few minutes of instant gratification (ie: something spur of the moment that makes you feel great but not something that you just HAVE to HAVE).

It takes work to slow down and not rush things. It takes time to build true friendships, families, and understanding what God's plan is for us on earth. Even though I sometimes wish I knew a rough draft timeline so that I wouldn't wonder so much but, that's where faith comes in.... Right?

J and R have been good teachers of when to rush and when not too and sometimes, R calls me on when I get tooo rushed and ask the all important question of why.

I hope all of us take the time to slow down this week, let God do His own thing with our lives and strive to do what's right.

More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment