Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Before and After

All of us have our before and after moments. Times that have changed our lives forever and sometimes, they happen in a blink of an eye. Those moments may also affect our families, friends, even co-workers. Those moments also define our faith (whether we like it or not). I've had several of those moments over the years. Getting adopted, leaving the children's home, becoming a Christian, going to college, figuring out what I wanted to do with my life, getting married, having a daughter, becoming a widow, having a son, dating again, Jeff finding me, getting married, and having another son. Some of the things I just mentioned, you have experienced yourself. Some of those things, I pray none of you ever have to face until you're in the twilight of your years and very ready to go Home. Through all of those moments (and the day - to- day task), God's providence has always been there. Even in the darkest times when I felt I couldn't get up. We've all had those times. Some that have only lasted a few seconds and some that have last several years. The challenge for each of us is to keep looking ahead for the "after" moments instead of constantly looking back at our lives before. We will never grow or become stronger in looking back and longing for the past. Each person has to keep going and always remind each other and ourselves that God is always present. More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment