Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What a change a year makes

One year ago today, the children and I made a BIG move all the way to Searcy, AR. It was a rough trip emotionally, mentally, and physically but, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with a man who helped make me feel complete and that would be a great Christian leader for me and my children. It isn't easy leaving everything that you know and love behind to start out on a new journey but, it's something that each one of us does on a continual basis throughout our lives. We may not recognize those changes until later. We all start leaving home when we start Kindergarten. We learn, we grow, make new friends and change as each year comes and goes until we finally hit college. Then we continue to learn, grow and change even more. Life is about change and we would quickly become very board if we didn't have challenges and changes in any given year. I was leaving friends and family who had meant soo much to me (and my children) during the darkest days of my life. Suddenly loosing your spouse is very difficult. Add pregnancy hormones and trying to make it full term is even more of a challenge and I have been soo blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who were there for me (even when I didn't see the need but they did). Jeff drove the 5 1/2 hours to Garland to help me load up a UHaul truck and help me move all of our stuff to Searcy. Neither one of us had pulled an all-nighter in a long time (at least since college) but, that night, we had to in order to get moved in and then get R started for school the next week (this was a weekend ordeal). Thankful for a great couple who worked the all-nighter with us and for K and G taking care of the kids during that time. We started on Friday and finished getting the last box in the truck at 0300 hours on Saturday morning. Took some time to eat and get showers at K and G's (kids didn't sleep hardly at all that night either) and then drive to AR. Jeff drove the UHaul (with trailer attached to get his car home) and I drove my car (with a loaded trunk and kids in tow). I finally had to get Jeff to stop so that I could get 30 min shut-eye in the cab of the Uhaul while Jeff entertained/took care of the kids. By the time we pulled into Searcy, I was ecstatic! I knew I was home! This was MY hometown. I had come full circle and it felt great! Jeff popped the big question a few weeks later and then we got married in Sept. Now, we find ourselves living in a home that is comfortable. Two children who adore their Daddy and are at peace within themselves and looking forward to the new school year (although there is the occasional "I don't like school!"), and the excitement of having a new addition to this family. Yes, times can be tough. Challenges can be scary and uncertain but, God is ALWAYS there and always has been. He has/does provide in ways that boggle the mind and I have been truly blessed in how things have worked out this past year. I can only pray that Jeff and I will be ready and able to handle whatever challenges/ changes come our way in the coming year. So far, so good! More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment